Tuesday, July 5

Triple Berry Shortcake

The recent 4th of July weekend inspired me to come up with my own version of strawberry shortcake. With the amazing berries available at our local fruit stand, I just had to make something special with them. Our family doesn't consume refined carbs, so this isn't your ordinary shortcake ... but it's delicious, and I promise you won't miss the whit flour and granulated sugar! I hope you have a fun summer bbq approaching and can try this new dessert out.
Cheers, from my kitchen to yours! 

Triple Berry Shortcake
Serves 12

Shortcake:
2 cups almond flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
4 eggs
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup honey
2 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 325.
In a large mixing bowl, mix dry ingredients together.
In a medium bowl, whisk wet ingredients together until well incorporated.
Add wet ingredients to dry and mix thoroughly until mixture is moist.
Place mixture into lined or well greased muffin pans.
Place in oven and bake on 325 for 20-22 minutes until slightly golden brown
Remove from oven and let cool

Triple Berries:
In a medium sized bowl, slice 2 cups of strawberries, 1 cup of blueberries, and 1 cup of raspberries. Mix well.

Homemade Whipped Cream:
1 pint of whipping cream
2 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp sugar

Place above ingredients in a chilled bowl and mix until the whipping cream is stiff and forms peaks. Chill until ready to serve. Best if prepared within 2 hours of consumption.

Triple Berry Shortcake:
Slice muffins in half opened up in a bowl, top with triple berry mix and whipped cream.

1 comment:

  1. I think I might try this tonight or tomorrow night.
    I picked up berries at traders this morning...raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries! YUM!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your feedback, please share!